Tips For Managers - Image Description:
GEMS: Growing, Emotionally Intelligent, Management, Styles
Simple Tips for Being a more Emotionally Intelligent Manager
What are Emotionally intelligent Management Styles?
Emotionally intelligent management styles (EIMS) are leadership styles that cultivate wellness, reciprocity, and equity in institutions with a deep recognition of the emotional and mental health impact of work.
Why do emotionally intelligent management styles matter?
In American capitalism, work has historically been used to exploit workers. This is especially true for Black people, women and other marginalized groups.
EIMS shifts work environments into spaces where equity and dignity are centered. It is one part of organizational change that centers people and moves us towards wellness-centered relationships with work.
- When delegating tasks, always:
- Establish deadlines
- Be specific and detailed about tasks
- Write down responsibilities
- Resist the urge to "fix" and do it yourself.
- Breathe into allowing someone to learn on their own time and pace.
- Don't pretend there is not a power differential.
- Acknowledge it and practice partnership as much as possible.
- Name difficult things, even when you don't know what to do with them.
- Avoidance is asking for chaos and confusion.
Learn More HERE!