Manager Check-In - Image Description:
GEMS: Growing, Emotionally Intelligent, Management, Styles
A simple guide to being an emotionally intelligent manager.
What are Emotionally intelligent Management Styles?
Emotionally intelligent management styles (EIMS) are leadership styles that cultivate wellness, reciprocity, and equity in institutions with a deep recognition of the emotional and mental health impact of work.
Why do emotionally intelligent management styles matter?
In American capitalism, work has historically been used to exploit workers. This is especially true for Black people, women and other marginalized groups.
EIMS shifts work environments into spaces where equity and dignity are centered. It is one part of organizational change that centers people and moves us towards wellness-centered relationships with work.
- What are my experiences with being managed/supervised?
- Which experiences do I want to replicate?
- Which do I need to discard?
- How do I approach difficult conversations?
- What skills do I need to support generative conflict? (i.e. skills that enhance creative, constructive change)
- What privilege do I embody and how might that impact my management style and choices?
- What are my boundaries around work?
- How might they impact those I work with?
Learn More HERE!